SHOW NOTES: Episode 92
Are you utilizing Pinterest for your blog?
We interviewed Kayla Watkins, a Pinterest Strategist. We start off by sharing the difference between Instagram and Pinterest. Instagram is a social media platform that nurtures and connects your audience, whereas Pinterest is more like a search engine. It’s about providing valuable content and attracting users to your website. Understanding your target audience on each platform and creating content that caters to their specific needs and interests is crucial. Pins on Pinterest can actually continue to bring in traffic for years! Both platforms can be utilized for your blog but just in different ways.
Kayla emphasized the importance of using keywords in every section of your Pinterest profile. Keywords help Pinterest understand what your content is about and match it with what users are searching for. She suggests using descriptive keywords in your profile name, bio, and title to give Pinterest a clear idea of the type of content you share.
Creating niche boards on Pinterest is another strategy Kayla recommends. Start with ten boards that align with the content you create. If you already have boards, evaluate whether they fit your current content or if they can be merged with other boards or made secret. The board names should also include keywords to optimize searchability.
When it comes to scheduling pins, we all highly recommend using Tailwind. Tailwind allows for interval pinning and provides optimized days and times for pinning, making it easier to schedule and manage content!
Kayla is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to Pinterest. Understanding and using Pinterest has the potential to significantly boost your online visibility to your blog!
We hope that you found today’s episode helpful! Let’s continue the conversation over on Instagram (@sparkmediaconcepts). We’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVERED:
- Differences between Instagram and Pinterest as platforms
- Using Pinterest for your blog
- Importance of understanding target audience and creating content for their needs
- Using keywords in Pinterest profile for better searchability
- Creating niche boards with keyword-optimized names
- Long-term traffic potential of Pinterest pins
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Kayla on her website: www.kaylawatkins.com or on Instagram: @pinterestforbloggers. Be sure to also check out her Free Guide to Mastering Pinterest SEO!
- 3 bonus episodes on the private podcast! Click here and put in your name and email address to check them out!
- Join the Ultimate Blog Bootcamp!
- Check out the Blog Depot!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- Connect with us on Instagram at: @sparkmediaconcepts
MORE ABOUT THE ULTIMATE BLOG PODCAST:
Welcome to The Ultimate Blog Podcast! This podcast is for you if you’ve ever wanted to learn blogging basics so that you can start your own blog or if you have been a blogger for years but are struggling to grow or need inspiration and community.
Every Tuesday we will be sharing a new episode where we will cover topics from the basics of starting a blog, monetizing and growing your site, to finding the inspiration you need to keep going. You will also find guest interviews with experts on different blogging topics as well as interviews with bloggers who’ve been in your shoes.
Amy Reinecke and Jennifer Draper are bloggers themselves who want to encourage you to believe in your potential, step outside the norm and step into a life where you create your own schedule, your own success and your own story.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the hosts or guests of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.