SHOW NOTES: Episode 74
Are you looking for other ways to monetize your brand and your blog?
Today, we are joined by Matt Briel, the Vice President of Marketing and Communications at Lulu.com, to talk about another way to monetize your brand or blog. After more than 15 years leading sales and marketing teams in the media and publishing spaces, Matt has developed a unique passion for helping creators become more successful by leveraging books as a catalyst for opportunities and sustainable revenue.
On today’s episode, Matt dives into the background of Lulu.com and how the publishing company was started by a tech entrepreneur over twenty years ago. The mission behind Lulu is removing all barriers to entry for publishing so that anybody can publish their story. We chat about how there are benefits to publishing blog content to help grow your business, how your ideal audience is in a number of different places and not just on social media, and how bloggers can easily repurpose their content to create a book and serve the same content in different ways.
We talk about paying attention to what your audience wants so you know what format to create content in, how there are several ways to utilize printed content, and what the process looks like to create and publish a book through Lulu.
Matt also shares about changing your mindset of thinking that nobody is going to pay for your content because there are people out there who are going to pay for it if they trust you and feel a connection to you and your content.
We think that everybody has a story or a passion worth sharing. Too often, people feel like there’s not enough space for them or somebody else is already doing what they want to do. Lulu is giving people a way to share their stories and they don’t have to wait to have a publisher. We appreciate companies like Lulu who are willing to see what creators have, and give them a way to share their stories in a way that is easy and where they can utilize it to further their own businesses.
This conversation with Matt has been incredibly insightful. We want to encourage anybody listening to have faith in yourself to build your own brand and to quit relying on other platforms and algorithms to build your brand and take it into your own hands. Hopefully this episode inspires you to start brainstorming ways that you can make a larger impact through printed books for your audience.
We want to hear how this episode helped you! Let’s continue the conversation over on Instagram (@sparkmediaconcepts). We’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVERED:
- How the mission behind Lulu is removing all barriers to entry for publishing so that anybody can publish their story
- How there are benefits to publishing blog content to help grow your business
- How your ideal audience is in a number of different places and not just on social media
- How bloggers can easily repurpose their content to create a book and serve the same content in different ways
- Paying attention to what your audience wants so you know what format to create content in
- How there are several ways to utilize printed content
- What the process looks like to create and publish a book through Lulu
- Changing your mindset of thinking that nobody is going to pay for your content
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Lulu on Instagram: @luludotcom and on their website lulu.com where you can find more information about selling a book on your own website and sign up for Lulu’s newsletter HERE.
- Join our email list to get notified of our latest podcast episodes, brand new blog posts and exciting news when it happens!
- Restored 316’s Templates
- Check out the Blog Depot!
- Join the Ultimate Blog Bootcamp!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- Connect with us on Instagram at: @sparkmediaconcepts
MORE ABOUT THE ULTIMATE BLOG PODCAST:
Welcome to The Ultimate Blog Podcast! This podcast is for you if you’ve ever wanted to learn blogging basics so that you can start your own blog or if you have been a blogger for years but are struggling to grow or need inspiration and community.
Every Tuesday we will be sharing a new episode where we will cover topics from the basics of starting a blog, monetizing and growing your site, to finding the inspiration you need to keep going. You will also find guest interviews with experts on different blogging topics as well as interviews with bloggers who’ve been in your shoes.
Amy Reinecke and Jennifer Draper are bloggers themselves who want to encourage you to believe in your potential, step outside the norm and step into a life where you create your own schedule, your own success and your own story.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the hosts or guests of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.