SHOW NOTES: Episode 76
Today, Cari Garcia is joining us to talk all about Instagram, a topic we don’t normally touch on.
Cari is a licensed clinical social worker turned food blogger and influencer. She has been blogging for over 13 years and active on Instagram since 2011. She shares everything from recipes to local south Florida restaurants and has over 200,000 followers.
On today’s episode, Cari talks about how she started using Instagram back when the platform was new in 2011, how she got started in blogging, and how bloggers need to learn how to pivot as things change. Cari shares how she was able to pivot her Instagram and see exponential growth in the last couple of years, why she uses reels instead of static images, and how she tailored her content to her audience by paying attention to their preferences. We talk about repurposing content, batching content, and why you don’t need to overcomplicate your content. We also talk about the importance of building an email list and not relying on social media to keep in touch with your audience because you never know if something will happen to your social media accounts.
Instagram is a great tool to help build your blog because it helps us connect with people in a different way. It doesn’t have to be complicated. Once you start, you’ll see that it gets easier the more and more you practice.
This was an awesome conversation with Cari and we hope you take some inspiration from her. We want to hear how this episode helped you! Let’s continue the conversation over on Instagram (@sparkmediaconcepts). We’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVERED:
- Using Instagram to build your blog
- How bloggers need to learn how to pivot as things change
- How you can pivot your Instagram to see exponential growth
- Why you should use reels instead of static images
- How you can tailor your content to your audience by paying attention to their preferences
- Repurposing content
- Batching content to make the rest of your week easier
- Why you don’t need to overcomplicate your content
- The importance of building an email list and not relying on social media to keep in touch with your audience because you never know if something will happen to your social media accounts
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Cari on Instagram @fatgirlhedonist and check out her blog: www.fatgirlhedonist.com
- Join our email list to get notified of our latest podcast episodes, brand new blog posts and exciting news when it happens!
- Get 20% off of Keysearch Starter Plan using this link and code: KSDISC
- Check out the Blog Depot!
- Join the Ultimate Blog Bootcamp!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- Connect with us on Instagram at: @sparkmediaconcepts
MORE ABOUT THE ULTIMATE BLOG PODCAST:
Welcome to The Ultimate Blog Podcast! This podcast is for you if you’ve ever wanted to learn blogging basics so that you can start your own blog or if you have been a blogger for years but are struggling to grow or need inspiration and community.
Every Tuesday we will be sharing a new episode where we will cover topics from the basics of starting a blog, monetizing and growing your site, to finding the inspiration you need to keep going. You will also find guest interviews with experts on different blogging topics as well as interviews with bloggers who’ve been in your shoes.
Amy Reinecke and Jennifer Draper are bloggers themselves who want to encourage you to believe in your potential, step outside the norm and step into a life where you create your own schedule, your own success and your own story.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the hosts or guests of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.