SHOW NOTES: Episode 97
How do you know when to hire in your blogging business?
We have Allie Stewart, a certified Director of Operations and Online Business Manager on to share the benefits of hiring and knowing when to hire in your blogging business. As a blogger, you don’t have to handle all of the tasks alone. Hiring a team member may help with increased productivity and mental freedom when you delegate those tasks. We discussed the signs that it might be time to start hiring, such as feeling overwhelmed or approaching burnout.
We talked about the role of a virtual assistant (VA) in the blogging space and suggested some roles that they could help with in your business. Allie shared more about what it looks like to hire and how you often start with small tasks and retainer packages. She explained that hiring doesn’t have to be a full-time commitment. She suggested making a list of tasks and categorizing them based on enjoyment and proficiency so that you know which ones to delegate first. Allie also shared the difference between independent contractors and employees.
Hiring can be a game-changer for your blogging business.
It allows you to focus on what you love, increases productivity, and can lead to significant growth. Don’t shy away from seeking help. The most successful entrepreneurs don’t always do it all alone.
Let’s continue the conversation over on Instagram (@sparkmediaconcepts). We’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVERED:
- How to know when to hire
- Role of a virtual assistant and finding someone with the specific skill set needed
- Making a list of tasks and categorizing them based on enjoyment and proficiency to determine which ones to delegate first
- Benefits of hiring a virtual assistant to free up mental space and focus on tasks bloggers enjoy
- Tasks that bloggers can consider hiring out
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Allie on her website: www.essentialallie.com or Instagram: @essentialalliestewart
- Check out Allie’s VA Hiring Guide!
- Check out the Ultimate Blog Bootcamp to start your blog today! Use Code SPOOKY from now through October 31 for $50 off!
- 3 bonus episodes on the private podcast! Click here and put in your name and email address to check them out!
- Check out Cooking with Keywords HERE! Use code UBP10 for 10% off!
- Join the Ultimate Blog Bootcamp!
- Check out the Blog Depot!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- Connect with us on Instagram at: @sparkmediaconcepts
MORE ABOUT THE ULTIMATE BLOG PODCAST:
Welcome to The Ultimate Blog Podcast! This podcast is for you if you’ve ever wanted to learn blogging basics so that you can start your own blog or if you have been a blogger for years but are struggling to grow or need inspiration and community.
Every Tuesday we will be sharing a new episode where we will cover topics from the basics of starting a blog, monetizing and growing your site, to finding the inspiration you need to keep going. You will also find guest interviews with experts on different blogging topics as well as interviews with bloggers who’ve been in your shoes.
Amy Reinecke and Jennifer Draper are bloggers themselves who want to encourage you to believe in your potential, step outside the norm and step into a life where you create your own schedule, your own success and your own story.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the hosts or guests of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.