SHOW NOTES: Episode 57
Do you have a welcome sequence in your email marketing?
On today’s episode we welcome back Allea Grummert where we talk specifically about email sequences. If you haven’t checked out our last episode with her about email marketing, go back and check out episode 47.
Allea is the owner and CEO of Duett. She is an email marketing strategist and conversion copywriter who helps online business owners make a killer first impression through automated welcome and nurture sequences.
In this episode, Allea goes over what a welcome sequence is and how that differs from a nurture sequence. We chat about how a welcome sequence is essentially inviting people into a relationship, how soon you should start one, how you can figure out what your welcome sequence should be about, and if there is a magic number of emails you should be sending out. We also talk about how many emails you should send your subscribers before you try to sell them something and how to get people to join your email list by offering a lead magnet.
We have said this time and time again, email marketing is essential. It is one of the most important pieces of your blogging business. It’s creating a relationship with the people who are showing up on your blog.
If you are wanting to add a welcome sequence to your email marketing or want to learn a little more about email sequences, tune in to today’s episode!
We want to hear how this episode helped you! Let’s continue the conversation over on Instagram (@sparkmediaconcepts). We’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVERED:
- What a welcome sequence is
- How soon you should start a welcome sequence
- What your welcome sequence should be about
- If there is a magic number of emails you should be sending out
- How many emails to send before you try to sell your subscribers something
- How to get people to join your email list by offering a lead magnet
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Check out our first episode with Allea on email marketing HERE!
- Connect with Allea on her website and be sure to check out her free resources and her video that covers more information in depth for you! Here is her freebie on how to write your first welcome sequence and don’t forget to join her free live roundtable on the third Thursday of every month!
- Join our email list to get notified of our latest podcast episodes, brand new blog posts and exciting news when it happens!
- Special offer for our podcast listeners: 50% off of your first month of The Blog Depot with Code: UBP50. Sign up HERE. Listen to our episode about The Blog Depot here!
- ConvertKit is the email marketing hub for creators like you. Check out our affiliate link for more information.
- Connect with us on Instagram at: @sparkmediaconcepts
MORE ABOUT THE ULTIMATE BLOG PODCAST:
Welcome to The Ultimate Blog Podcast! This podcast is for you if you’ve ever wanted to learn blogging basics so that you can start your own blog or if you have been a blogger for years but are struggling to grow or need inspiration and community.
Every Tuesday we will be sharing a new episode where we will cover topics from the basics of starting a blog, monetizing and growing your site, to finding the inspiration you need to keep going. You will also find guest interviews with experts on different blogging topics as well as interviews with bloggers who’ve been in your shoes.
Amy Reinecke and Jennifer Draper are bloggers themselves who want to encourage you to believe in your potential, step outside the norm and step into a life where you create your own schedule, your own success and your own story.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the hosts or guests of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.