SHOW NOTES: Episode 99
We have Kyle Adams, ConvertKit’s Creator Growth Manager on the podcast to share more about email marketing and why it’s such a crucial marketing tool.
Kyle shares more about his own personal journey to joining the ConvertKit team, which allows him to combine his passion for helping creators grow their email lists with his expertise in email marketing. He is here sharing more about creating an intentional experience with email marketing!
Kyle shared the importance of email in a world dominated by social media.
While social media platforms are often noisy and make it difficult for content to reach all followers, email cuts through the noise and provides a direct line of communication with subscribers. He shares how he believes that email will always be relevant, despite the trends that come and go.
Kyle also discussed the advantages of using email as a marketing channel compared to social media platforms.
Yes, social media may have a larger audience, but email allows for a deeper connection with subscribers. By giving you access to their inbox, subscribers are already allowing a level of trust and engagement that is not always present on social media. Email also provides more control and flexibility as you can move your audience to different platforms if needed, whereas social media platforms dictate the rules and visibility of your content.
He shared the importance of repurposing content and shared strategies for maximizing its reach. He recommended rewriting blog posts or sharing the same post again, as long as it is still relevant and valuable to the audience. We also chatted more on the types of content to provide for your email list, RSS feeds, newsletters, and engaging with your audience.
This was a powerful conversation with Kyle on something we believe is so crucial when blogging!
Tune in and let us know your thoughts on Instagram: @sparkmediaconcepts
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVERED:
- The power of email in reaching and connecting with an audience
- Creating an intentional experience with email marketing
- The advantages of using email as a marketing channel compared to social media
- Higher conversion rates of email compared to other channels
- Incentives to motivate people to sign up for an email list
- Offering valuable content to subscribers on an email list
- The difference between an RSS feed and a newsletter
- Repurposing content and strategies for maximizing its reach
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Kyle on his website: creatorglue.com or on Twitter/X: @itskyleadams
- ConvertKit is the email marketing hub for creators like you. Check out our affiliate link for more information.
- 3 bonus episodes on the private podcast! Click here and put in your name and email address to check them out!
- Join the Ultimate Blog Bootcamp!
- Check out the Blog Depot!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- Connect with us on Instagram at: @sparkmediaconcepts
MORE ABOUT THE ULTIMATE BLOG PODCAST:
Welcome to The Ultimate Blog Podcast! This podcast is for you if you’ve ever wanted to learn blogging basics so that you can start your own blog or if you have been a blogger for years but are struggling to grow or need inspiration and community.
Every Tuesday we will be sharing a new episode where we will cover topics from the basics of starting a blog, monetizing and growing your site, to finding the inspiration you need to keep going. You will also find guest interviews with experts on different blogging topics as well as interviews with bloggers who’ve been in your shoes.
Amy Reinecke and Jennifer Draper are bloggers themselves who want to encourage you to believe in your potential, step outside the norm and step into a life where you create your own schedule, your own success and your own story.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the hosts or guests of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.