Choosing Your Best Business Life with Jen Potter
SHOW NOTES: Episode 59
Today we are joined by Jen Potter, a serial entrepreneur and venture builder. Jen currently owns and operates four businesses and helps other people create the businesses of their dreams.
On today’s episode we talk with Jen about how having a blog is important for somebody who wants to have a business and how it can support their long term goals. We dive into Jen’s story of how she got to where she is today and how where you are in your business today is just one stepping stone for where you could be. Jen gives some advice if you are thinking of starting your own business, which includes letting go of the fears of somebody else’s expectations and surrounding yourself with people who are going to encourage you.
We chat about deciding when you should hire help in your business, learning to set boundaries in your business for your mental health, and learning that everyday is a learning experience as an entrepreneur. We talk about it being a choice to jump into the entrepreneurial lifestyle and we choose to be where we are in every moment at all points in time.
This conversation with Jen has been incredibly inspiring and we hope this episode makes a profound impact on you! Let’s continue the conversation over on Instagram (@sparkmediaconcepts). We’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVERED:
- How having a blog is important for someone who wants to have a business
- How a blog can support your long term goals
- Where you are in your business is a stepping stone to where you could be
- Advice if you are thinking of starting your own business
- Letting go of the fears of somebody else’s expectations
- Surrounding yourself with people who are going to encourage you
- Deciding when you should hire someone to help in your business
- Learning to set boundaries in your business for your mental health
- Learning that everyday is a learning experience as an entrepreneur
- It is a choice to jump into the entrepreneurial lifestyle
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Jen on her Instagram and Facebook pages!
- Check out episode 53 where we talk with Brittany Miller about using LinkedIn to promote your business
- Join our email list to get notified of our latest podcast episodes, brand new blog posts and exciting news when it happens!
- You can join the Blog Depot for $9 a month! Only the first 50 people who sign up get this deal. Sign up here: https://courses.sparkmediaconcepts.com/the-blog-depot
- Get 20% off of Keysearch Starter Plan using this link and code: KSDISC
- Connect with us on Instagram at: @sparkmediaconcepts
MORE ABOUT THE ULTIMATE BLOG PODCAST:
Welcome to The Ultimate Blog Podcast! This podcast is for you if you’ve ever wanted to learn blogging basics so that you can start your own blog or if you have been a blogger for years but are struggling to grow or need inspiration and community.
Every Tuesday we will be sharing a new episode where we will cover topics from the basics of starting a blog, monetizing and growing your site, to finding the inspiration you need to keep going. You will also find guest interviews with experts on different blogging topics as well as interviews with bloggers who’ve been in your shoes.
Amy Reinecke and Jennifer Draper are bloggers themselves who want to encourage you to believe in your potential, step outside the norm and step into a life where you create your own schedule, your own success and your own story.
We’d love to connect with you on our other platforms so please visit us at www.sparkmediaconcepts.com or follow us on Instagram at @sparkmediaconcepts
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the hosts or guests of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.